Unfortunately we had to discontinue the Heb Merino Fine yarn line as we no longer managed to get enough wool from the rare Hebridean sheep. But our Manx Merino Fine wool will be re-released in late autumn 2018. Sign up for our Newsletter to get informed as soon as the new yarns are available.
50 g, approx. 200 m / 218 yds
Rec. Needle Size: 2.5 - 3 mm - US 1.5 - 2.5
100% Virgin Wool, Organic Merino and Organic Hebridean
Shearing 2016, Langley Chase Farm (Wiltshire)
Choose a colour:
With the purchase of this wool you contribute directly to the protection of species. Our soft 100% organic mélange yarn is
- made from 80% finest Merino and 20% of the rare Hebridean wool
- a rarity, only available in a very small amount per year – each skein is individually numbered
- including a donation of € 0.50 of each skein we sell to the Rare Breeds Survival Trust for the protection of endangered sheep breeds
- in 7 beautiful colours, nice to combine
- guaranteed good for environment, sheep, and humans – organic-certified by GOTS (Global Organic Textile Standard)
- produced for us by a small spinning mill and dyer in England, with wool from Patagonia and England
4 in: 28 sts / 40 rows
Care Instructions: hand wash, dry flat
More about Hebridean and the protection of endangered sheep breeds.
We ship worldwide. Orders submitted on workdays before 1 p.m. will normally be dispatched on the same day.
Delivery is free for orders over 58 €. For orders below 58 € there is a fixed delivery rate of 5 €. Shipping by DHL.
Austria, Netherlands, Belgium:
Delivery is free for orders over 120 €. For orders below that there is a fixed delivery rate of 8,50 €. Shipping by DPD.
Free shipping from 200 € or 250 € to many European countries. Currently we can only send parcels by parcel service. We are currently looking for a solution to be able to offer small shipments in the future again with lower postage.
Our organic yarns are completely certified according to GOTS, the Global Organic Textile Standard. With GOTS you can be sure that
- the sheep are kept according to organic farming standards and do not have to suffer painful mulesing surgery
- the wool production does not pollute the environment with dangerous chemicals
- energy consumption is controlled and residual waters are cleaned professionally
- the workers are treated fairly and child labour is prohibited
- minimum wages and standardised working hours are met
- the yarn is free from harmful residues